Last month’s Roosevelt Park and Eastwood Park river cleanup was so successful, we’re going back for round two! We’d love to have you join us this Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Here’s what you need to know:
- Participate As Your Schedule Allows! We’ll be there from 9:00 till 4:00, but feel free to come and go as your schedule allows. There are plenty of places where an hour or two of help would be great!
- Headquarters will be in the parking lot of the Oak Park Plaza (shopping center across the street). But please park your vehicle in Oak Park.
- Bring Gloves and Work Clothes. River cleaning is rewarding but dirty work. Work gloves, pants, long sleeves and shoes that can handle mud will serve you best.
- Lunch Provided! Thanks to the generosity of our sponsors, Straight Concessions will be back with their famous corn dogs and brats. But bring a refillable water bottle to keep yourself hydrated (we’ll have a few plastic bottles too).
- Waiver Required. We will need everyone to sign a waiver, so check in at our headquarters before joining up.
- Canoes, Waders, Fishing Nets.
Let us know how you can help below
Look forward to another successful cleanup. In advance, thank you! If you have questions, please contact Shannon at 907.321.3031.
We’ve got our work cut out for us!